Chocolate banana bread recipe
Today is a public holiday in South Africa. It was really nice to sleep in a bit later on a week day even if I did work this morning. It felt leisurely and relaxed compared to a normal work day.
This afternoon I made chocolate banana bread. I have seen this combination in a shop and so I though I would try it out. It is really yummy; a bit sweeter than normal banana but still very nice.
I grated the chocolate – a 180 gram bar but next time I will use chocolate chips rather.
4 to 6 ripe bananas;
1/2 cup milk;
250 grams of softened butter;
10 ml baking powder;
4 cups (1 000 ml) plain cake flour;
2.5 ml salt
175 ml white sugar
180 grams chocolate chips or grated chocolate
- Soften the butter in the microwave on 60% power;
- Cream the butter and the sugar;
- Add the chocolate;
- Add the lightly beaten eggs;
- Mash the bananas and add to the mixture;
- Add half of the flour and mix;
- Add the milk and salt;
- Add the rest of the flour and the baking powder.
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Scrap the thick mixture into a greased loaf tin and bake for +- 60 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.